The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), has created an advanced portal that will assist you with this task. You can check the number of sim cards that have been issued to a single Aadhaar ID Card on this portal.
This facility allows cardholders with aadhaar cards to find out which phone numbers are linked directly to their IDs.
When the service was launched Paytm Founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma appreciated the government’s efforts on Twitter by saying, “Very useful service launched by DoT.
Type in your mobile number and you will know the mobile numbers of all the SIM cards purchased with your Aadhaar.”
These are the steps you need to follow in order to determine how many Sim cards have been issued against your Aadhaar.
- Visit the official of tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.
- Enter your registered mobile number and click on the option ‘Request OTP’.
- The next page will display all registered numbers for your Aadhaar card after you have entered the OTP.
- Checkboxes will appear beside your mobile number.
- If you don’t want any number out of them or you don’t know who is using this number, then click on the checkbox that says, ‘Report’.
- If you want to retain the use of your numbers and don’t have any problem with them all then any action is not required.