November is a crucial month for pensioners as it requires them to submit their life certificates. All central and state government pensioners must submit their annual life certificates during this month. Failure to do so may result in significant losses. According to regulations, super senior citizens, i.e., those aged 80 and above, have the facility to submit life certificates between October 1 and November 30. Similarly, senior citizens aged 60 to 79 must submit life certificates between November 1 and November 30. The deadline for submitting life certificates is ending today.
Consequences after the Deadline: If the life certificate is not submitted on time, pension payments will be withheld from December. However, it’s important to note that the pension will be initiated after submitting the life certificate. Additionally, any months missed will be compensated with arrears. To avoid the hassle of pension discontinuation, it’s advisable to complete this task today.
How to Submit Life Certificates:
- Pensioners can visit banks or post offices to submit their life certificates in person.
- Submit life certificates through face authentication.
- Use the UMANG app to submit life certificates.
- Complete the task with the help of doorstep banking services.
- Seek assistance from the Digital Life Certificate portal for submission.
- Submit Aadhaar-based digital life certificates.
- Indian Post’s postman services can also be utilized to submit life certificates.
Why is Submitting a Life Certificate Necessary? As per regulations, the government verifies once a year whether pensioners receiving pensions are alive. To authenticate this information, it is mandatory to submit a life certificate once a year. This certificate remains valid for the entire year. Typically, this task needs to be completed in the months of October and November.