The respective engaging authorities invite applications from eligible candidates to be selected and engaged for the following Gramin Dak Sevaks posts.
|Origination name||Indian post|
|Name of Post||Branch Post Master, Assistant Branch Master, & Dak Sevak|
|No. No.||581 Posts|
|Selection Process||Merit Based|
|Submission Date||23.08.2021 to 22.209.2021|
Details about Vacancy:
Gramin Sevak (GDS), 581 Posts
|Community||No of Posts|
For the purpose of engagement in GDS posts, the minimum and maximum age shall be 18 years and 40 years respectively on the date of notification. The following is a list of permissible exemptions from the upper age limit for different categories:
Upper Age Limit Relaxation:
|Schedule Cast/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC).||3 years|
|Sections Economically Weaker (EWS).||*No relaxation|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD).||* 10 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD + OBC)||13 years*|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD + SC/ST)||15 years*|
Time Related Continuous Allowance (TRCA),
The following Minimum TRCA shall apply to GDS categories as per Directorate Order No.1731/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018.
|Category||Minimum TRCA Time for 4 Hours/ Level 1 on TRCA Slab||Minimum TRCA time for 5 hours/ Level 2 of TRCA slab|
|BPM||Rs.12,000/ –||Rs.14,000/ –|
|ABPM/Dak Sevak||Rs.10,000/-||Rs.12,000/ –|
A Secondary School Examination Pass Certificate of 10th Standard with passing marks in Mathematics, English and local language (having been studied in compulsory or elective subjects), shall be an obligatory educational qualification for all Gramin Dak Sevaks. Referred to in Directorate Ordon No 17-31/2016–GDS dated 25.06.2018.
Knowledge of Local Language is compulsory
The candidate must have at least 10th grade language proficiency in the local language [as elective or compulsory subjects] as defined by the State Government. Below is a detailed notification that lists the official languages of the state.
Basic Computer Training:
Candidates for any of the approved GDS categories referred to above (i) will need to present a Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at most 60 days from any Computer Training Institute run or controlled by Central Government/State Government/Universities / Boards/ Private Institutions Organizations. In such cases, an additional certificate will not be required.
Knowledge of Cycling:
All GDS positions require knowledge of cycling. A candidate may be considered to have knowledge of riding a motorbike or scooter if they are able to demonstrate this skill. This declaration must be submitted by the candidate.
For each set of five options, applicants who fall under the category UR/OBC/EWS male/trans-man must pay a Rs.100/- (Rupees 100 only). All female/transgender candidates, all SC/ST applicants and all PwD candidates are exempt from paying the fee.
Note:In the case of an online payment, candidates may wait up to 72 hours for settlement if they do not receive confirmation after the deducting of amount from their bank account.
Fee Payment Mode:
- The payment must be made at any Head Post Office in India. Names of the offices are available in the website http://appost.in/gdsonline.
- You can also pay the fees online using the URL on the Home page. This can be done with all credit/debit cards that are recognized and the net banking facility. Candidates will be charged for the use of debit/credit cards and net banking according to the rules.
How to Apply
Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself / herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number. Candidates already once registered in https://appost.in/gdsonline need not register again-
- Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- Father Name
- Mobile number (unique for one registration number)
- Date of birth
- PH – Types of Disability – (HH/OH/VH – Percentage of disability
- In which state was Xth grade passed?
- Board in which Xth grade was passed
- Year of passing Xth class
- Optional: Xth Class Certificate Number/Roll Number
- Dist. rict issues a transgender certificate. Megistrate according to THE TRANSGENDER PERSONS ACT (PROTECTION RIGHTS ACT), 2019.
Steps to Apply Online for Uttarakhand Post-GDS Recruitment:
- Visit the official website of India Post. https://appost.in/gdsonline/Home.aspx.
- Now click on Registration. The first candidate must register in the Registration module only once per cycle to obtain a unique registration number.
- Now fill in the Application Form.
- Now upload documents according to the instructions.
- Submit Post preferences.
- Please fill out the
- Print out and preview.
- These three steps are not considered submissions of applications.
- Merit Basis.
Important Dates in Uttarakhand:
|Last Date for Application Submission||22.09.2021|
|Submit Application Fee||22.09.2021|
Telephone number: 0135-2655911
Urduakhand Post GDS Recruitment:
|Download Advertisement||Detailed Notice pdf|
Fee Payment List Of Post Offices
|Merit Liste||Uttarakhand GDS Results|