WhatsApp Desktop is a great tool to store all your important messages and notifications in one place. It also helps you be more productive as you don’t have to check your phone constantly or worry about missing any messages.
It was launched in 2016 and is continuously updated. Sometimes, however, the app may not work properly.
You can use the following solutions to fix WhatsApp Desktop app.
1. Reset the WhatsApp Desktop App
You can try resetting the app to its default settings.
Here’s how to reset WhatsApp Desktop in Windows 10
- Right-click Stop and then go to Settings > Applications.
- Select App & features.
- Select WhatsApp from the app list and click Advanced Options.
- Click the Resetbutton.
- Check if WhatsApp is working by opening it.
Please note: WhatsApp can only be reset through Windows Settings if it has been downloaded from Microsoft Store.
2. Use Task Manager to Close WhatsApp
The app might not be working properly because there is a WhatsApp service running behind the scenes. You can fix this by closing the app completely.
Here’s how it can be done:
- To bring up Task Manager, press Ctrl+ Shift + Esc
- Select WhatsApp from the Processes tab.
- Click the End Task button.
Restart the app and check if it works.
3. The same Wi-Fi Network can be used
One thing might have escaped your notice: Which network are you connected to?
Although you might not think this makes sense, it is important to connect your phone and computer to the same Wi Fi network in order for you to use the WhatsApp Desktop app.
Sometimes, this seems to resolve the problem when there are connectivity problems.
4. 4.Reinstall the App
You can try to reinstall the app if you are unable to open it.
You can either uninstall the app using the Settings menu, or search for it in Windows search bar and choose Uninstall. You can then download it and install it again.
5. Run the Internet Troubleshooter
The problem could be with your internet connection if the app keeps stuck in an interminable loading loop. To quickly resolve the problem, you can use Windows’ built-in troubleshooter.
This is how you do it:
- Click Start > Settings> Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left-hand navigation.
- Click Other troubleshooting.
- To start the process, select Internet connections > Run the troubleshooter
This will let you know if your internet connection is causing problems with WhatsApp Desktop.
WhatsApp Desktop Fix
We hope you found our tips helpful and that you can now use WhatsApp Desktop without any problems.
WhatsApp Web is a quick alternative if you’re in a hurry. You won’t miss any features because it has the majority of the same features that the Desktop app.